Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Parking

I was at the gardens this morning. We must have gotten over an inch of rain in the last 36 hours. The mud holes at the entrance were fuller than I have ever seen them -- even fuller than last winter. The roadside also contained water and I could not pull off the road very far. As I was returning to my truck I encountered the mail carrier. She was about to call 911 to report my truck parked on the road. I moved it before she could call but I pass this warning on to everyone:

If you park on the road in such a way as to prevent the mail carrier from being able to back out of the driveway of the house across the road, she will report you. If the sheriff is available, he or she will come ticket you. It's probably best to park south of the garden entrance, and as far off the road as possible.

Hey Chris, where are those wood chips? There is a pile of wood chips over by the Dog Park just sitting there. Why can't we bring them to the garden entrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment