Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Signs of Spring


The chives are coming back!

For me this is always one of the first signs of spring. I'll bet that if I go out to the farm, I'll find more signs of spring. It was freezing just a couple of weeks ago. The 2010 planting season is approaching rapidly. Jennie and I will be out of the country the first two weeks in March. Probably just as well, wouldn't want to get into the garden too early. April 1 is plenty early on Ebey Island. Most serious planting will have to wait until mid May unless it is a very dry spring. We shouldn't count on that in the Northwest.

We are looking for another piece of land to garden -- something higher in altitude and a bit drier in the winter where we can do some serious winter gardening. Ideally 1/8 to 1/2 acre. We might want to also park an RV there. Anyone got any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment