Thursday, June 4, 2009

Killdeer Tennant


We have a renter, or maybe we are the renters. I went out to the farm early this morning to do a little tilling in the cool part of the day. As I was tilling Carol's melon patch, I heard a screeching. I looked over and saw a killdeer on her nest, yelling at me to go away. The picture on the right shows her nest, with 4 eggs, and the picture on the left shows her hobbling away, faking a broken wing with the hope that I (the predator) would go after her and leave her nest alone. I gave her nest a wide berth as I finished my tilling. After all, she was probably here first.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome posting, we’re hence happy to read simple things the next few paragraphs. With thanks for any information and facts. It is especially entire information and facts. At this moment follow-up Check Cashing I can take note of to get upcoming a blueprint.

    ReplyDelete